Wednesday, December 23, 2009

TRIP PLANS



I am going to compress actions here to catch up to today.

Lee and Joy accepted my invitation. Susan was enthused about going but wanted a few days to make sure her schedule would match. She was going to invite Jim, also.

Two days ago Lee wrote

Hi Myron and Larry,

As now planned, Joy and I will be arriving in Batesville, AR on March 25th for the trek to the various sites we've talked about. I'm good for the 26, 27, 28, but I must leave no later than the 29th. I have a program in Utah April 1 & 2. (It's a 23 hour drive from Batesville). We'll be driving to Utah directly from Batesville. If you wanted to back the dates up for Batesville a couple of days, that would be fine with me. I have a program here in Louisville on March 22, but could get to Batesville on the 23th or the 24th if you wanted to back things up some. Let me know.

Also, if you have photos or information on the sites we are to visit, I'd like to get hold of these ahead of time to do some research. Thanks.

Am very much looking forward to this one.

To which I replied yesterday:Lee,

The gathering for Christmas has started. I think we can accomodate an earlier schedule. I am adding two photos. I found them a few days ago. I know where the others are, but will not take time to load then.

Photo #1 (on the right) The chartrock Tree shows a tree deliberately deformed as a signal to guide people to the spot. The tree is probably less than fifty years old, so the people who cut it may have been jst curious people who wanted to return.

Photo #2 (on the left) shows the three characters X-)-Y near the Chartrock. The camera was on or close to Chartrock.

If I remember correctly, X & Y are part of the Tifinag alphabet. But then, I have since discovered that they go back to the Minaon age, 3200 years ago. So they could have been ueed by many people to mean many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment