Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Six Fingered clasp


The picture to the right is another grave marker for the people with six fingers.

So I can get Leary’s articles into this blog, I will be adding them in the following blog pages. Also, the following page after that, will add a description of the physical characteristics of the Melungeons and a link so you can read more.

Plus if you Google “Lumbee Surname Project” you will read that the Surnames of the “vanished” Roanoke colony are still being passed from generation to generation in Kentucky and Tennessee.
___________________________________-

Hi, Lee and Myron

Charles Berry is working on smoothing our entry to the Chart Rock area, as well as working on the copper or bronze breastplate angle. The man who found the breastplate is dead and his now-elderly wife had possession of all his Indian artifacts. I think she went into an assisted living place and someone else is now in charge but the way I hear it the collection remains intact but boxed up.

I am working on that from two angles. A lady who works in a barber/beauty shop in Ash Flat knows the people involved and is willing to speak to them for us. I will see her Thursday if she is in the shop that day.

How many people may I invite to FAR? Charles Berry is a must, and so also is Steve Cargill who caused me to be able to be the one to find the DeSoto inscription.

A couple more people are going to be not too happy with me if they are not invited. I do not know whether either would be free to go along, at least all three days, but I like to keep my friends and like-minded friends (of ancient American history) happy.

Myron, the headstone I e-mailed the photo of (with the blue chalk on it) and which is pictured on the FAR blog is about six minutes from where we parked to walk in to Chart Rock. So we can go get a good look at it and probably spend no more than 40 minutes unless we just want to spend more time there.

That gravestone has a fish on it; a fish that looks sort of like a whale and which I took to mean a Christian is buried there. That inscription features something unique that you will not notice until you stand by it — something I have never seen done on a gravestone. It is a visual effect.

Also, not too far from Chart Rock is what appears to be a meteorite of several hundred pounds mostly buried in the earth. I took a sample of it to a talk on meteorites a few years ago and the geologist giving the talk said it could be a meteorite that has been there a long time and ground minerals leached into the material on its outer portion (including the sample I had). It is an interesting thing. I will inquire of the guy who took me there last time and see if he is still in charge of that property.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. —Larry
____________________________________-

Our FAR headquarters will be at the Holiday Inn Express in Batesville. Lee, Joy, and I expect to arrive sometime in late afternoon on March 24, 2010. On Sunday Morning Lee will give me a ride to the Little Rock airport, March 28th, where I will catch an empty seat going to SFO.

I found out that the USGS maps can be downloaded FREE. I down loaded only Batesville. So far I have not looked at the map very close. I have Xeroxed most of the ancient script for America B. C. The check list helped me pick up the slack. The rest of the items appear to be on track.

I think we are on track for a good Trip to FAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment